What’s the GCC?
It’s a fun initiative that occurs across the world in May 2012. Participants take 10,000 steps per day and take a virtual journey around the world. As well as having fun while you ‘travel’ you’ll be improving your physical and mental health. Who said you can’t have fun and improve your health at the same time?
The GCC was primarily designed to tackle the global health crisis resulting from longer workdays, sedentary occupations and little or no exercise. Whilst being good for you, it’s a great way to compete against people in your team or just compete against yourself on the virtual journey around the world.
What is the benefit of being involved?
You’ll be motivated to move…more than usual. You’ll improve physical and mental health. That means that you’ll feel better. You’ll receive a backpack and goodies when you join. You’ll also get fitness and nutrition advice along the way.
How can I get involved?
Gather a team of seven people (including you) and you’re off and running. Your team can motivate you and you can motivate your team members.
To get CFA moving, we are sponsoring 50 per cent of the joining fees for 11 teams (seven people in each team) of CFA members. Our aim is to sponsor one team per Region. The sponsorship reduces the participation fee from $97.90 per person down to $40.00 per person for each person to participate.
This offer of sponsorship closes on the 30th March 2012 or when 11 sponsorship teams are filled. If you’re interested please follow the steps below:
- Gather together a group of seven people and nominate a team captain
- Team captain will contact CFA HQ to register the team for sponsorship. Contact Fiona Pott on 03 9262 8836 or email@example.com
- Once approved by HQ, the team captain will register the team at GCC and pay the registration fee on behalf of the entire team
- The team captain will receive the GCC participant backpacks and distributes them to each team member
For joining outside the sponsorship program
Gather together a group of seven people and nominate a team captain
- Contact Fiona Pott on 03 9262 8836 or firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll register your team as part of the CFA team
- The team captain will receive the GCC participant backpacks and distribute them to each team member
On 24 May 2012, your virtual world your will begin.
See the attached video clip for more information or visit the CFA Get the World Moving website above
This initiative comes to you from the Health and Welfare Project teams at CFA HQ.